“In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you”
Matthew chapter 7, verse 12
“Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, arrogant, or disrespectful.
It isn’t, “me first” and doesn’t fly off the handle. It doesn’t count up all the wrongs that others do. It isn’t happy when injustice is done, but is happy with the truth. Love is always supportive, loyal, courageous, and persevering.”
Corinthians chapter 13 verses 4 to 7
Our Academy seeks to be a worshipping Christian community built on agape (unconditional love), courage, trust and forgiveness. Our mission is to educate the whole person, so that each may be enabled to unlock their full God-given potential.
Therefore at the heart of our academy will be:
- a Christian education as observed in the doctrines and practices of the Church of England
- opportunities for worship, prayer and reflection, offered to God and central to the life of the academy, rooted in the Scriptures and in our participation in The Holy Eucharist
- relationships at all levels that reflect the great and equal value placed by God on each human being as revealed in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ
- affirmation of every individual’s unique contribution, regardless of age, gender, ability, sexual orientation, background or religion
- a sense of curiosity and excitement about God’s world that will be stimulated to encourage each individual to search for truth, meaning, purpose and a faith by which to live
- the joy of discovery and the discipline of study to prepare students for adult life in their work, homes and families, leisure pursuits and relationships
- a breadth of educational experience so that our technological expertise is well balanced by religiouseducation, humanities, science, languages, mathematics; aesthetic, creative, vocational and social learning activities
- a curriculum promoting high expectations, recognising different styles of teaching and learning, breadth of achievement and methods of assessment which will demonstrate equal concern for the educational needs and aspirations of all
- a safe and secure environment. All members of our community will recognise that everyone is made in the image of God and so will be valued in a spirit of mutual respect and tolerance to challenge all forms of stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination
- encouragement to develop physical and recreational skills and interests that will enrich lives, and promote a keen, sympathetic awareness and stewardship of God’s world, its environment, cultures and lifestyles
- guidance to find a true vocation in life, to prepare students for the world of work and their lives as active citizens in the community and as committed members of their faith community
- active partnerships nurtured at every level which reflect the academy’s place and role in the community
- the Golden Rule: ‘In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you’ and the Christian principle of Agape, (unconditional love).